Old 16-06-2003, 04:11 PM
Theo Asir

Default How to choose (limit) roses?

Doing some quick calculations
I have a feeling you're gonna be
seriously over crowded unless
all your roses are 18"x18" midgets.

To give you an idea I just finished planting
my 1m x 10m bed with 6 roses. Min 5' center
to center.

Overcrowding causes disease & maintenance
problems. There is a case for squeezing together
tough colorful roses that you want to make a nice
stand with. but they must be tough and disease
resistant and must have a nice habit. I have planted
4 x 2m bush roses in a 3m bed and they are growing
together nicely but I carefully selected them for this purpose.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"Kirra" wrote in message
Ok, so how does everyone do it? Between three of us sharing a rose garden
2.5m x 6m and another bed of another 22m x (1m-2.5m) we have a *short*

list
of 65 different roses! We have listed them all with their colour and type
and are going to try fit as much in as possible. Bu it seems everytime I
flip through a rose book or read some posts here I think, "maybe I should
try a ..."? Aaack!

Kirra
Brisbane, Australia
zone 10