Old 16-06-2003, 08:08 PM
len lorence

Default "Shovel Prune" Epiphany

When I first bought my home, I was an avid gardener. Vegetable garden,
apple trees, seven rose beds all over the yard. Being in zone 3/4, I had
lots of fall and spring work but had no kids, a job with a big company, and
plenty of free time. About eight years ago with three kids in sports, my
own small company, and no time, I looked at the spring wreckage of my
landscape, seeded the vegetable garden, gave away all my rose bushes, put in
rock.
A couple of weeks ago, I drove past a nursery and thought how nice one of
their potted roses would look in an empty spot near my front door. Planted
one the next day. Last week I put in some raised beds and planted tomatos
and cucumbers. I hope its not starting again.