Old 16-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Rose

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

dave weil wrote in message . ..
On 16 Jun 2003 08:22:46 -0700, (Rose) wrote:

(Rose) wrote in message . com...
I hope someone here can help me. We have, in the family, an
80-year-old climbing rosebush that my grandfather had started. I've
tried several times, using various methods in books, to get new plants
started from it but I can't seem to get them to root. Does anyone
have a method that would work for a "non-gardener"?

Many thanks in advance.

Rose (yes, that really is my name :-)

Someone asked about seeing the roses. I managed to get a few digital
pictures with an old digital camera. Hope this helps!

http://www.nd.edu/~jrose1/roses/roses.htm

If this doesn't work, please let me know and let me know what it is or
isn't doing. Thanks!

Rose

Probably American Beauty?

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=192

That does look like it. And it does fit with my aunt's recollections.
So, we'll call it the American Beauty rose. I wonder what the
average lifespan of this rose is. Goodness knows this one's been
around a good, long while.

Rose