Old 16-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Rose

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

"Theo Asir" wrote in message news:c86fa74cf50fad98085b5ef2a62a3d2c@TeraNews.. .
"dave weil" wrote in message
On 16 Jun 2003 08:22:46 -0700, (Rose) wrote:

(Rose) wrote in message

. com...
I hope someone here can help me. We have, in the family, an
80-year-old climbing rosebush that my grandfather had started. I've
tried several times, using various methods in books, to get new plants
started from it but I can't seem to get them to root. Does anyone
have a method that would work for a "non-gardener"?

Many thanks in advance.

Rose (yes, that really is my name :-)

Someone asked about seeing the roses. I managed to get a few digital
pictures with an old digital camera. Hope this helps!

http://www.nd.edu/~jrose1/roses/roses.htm

If this doesn't work, please let me know and let me know what it is or
isn't doing. Thanks!

Rose

Probably American Beauty?

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/pl.php?n=192

I concur. It does look amazingly healthy.
My neighbhor purchased one are the movie
and it has been an absolute dog. Disease
after disease. Can't figure it out.

Wonder if the older ones are more disease resistant than the newer
ones. Of course, this one's seen quite a bit of disease and more but
it loves an east facing. That's something I'll keep in mind as I try
for another rosebush.

Rose