Old 17-06-2003, 03:32 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default catfish food for koi :-)

In the last chapter: John Rutz picked up the keyboard and pecked out:

wrote:
My pets are worth a buck or even two bucks a year each for
::: food. Ingrid )
~~~~~~~~~~
:: -- a buck or two ayear for food ? so that means you feed them
:: what 1/2
:: ounce of food a year since most Koi feed is 25 or so $ a lb???????
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was also wondering about her "buck a year" comment. One of the cheapest
koi foods I can find in my area of middle TN is made by Misty Mountain and
costs $32.99 for a 10 lb bag. That bag is gone in about a month. We feed
here from early April until sometime in November. That can run us around
$260 bucks a year, give or take a few dollars. Uh, no thanks. :-) I buy
one of these overpriced bags a year for the young goldfish and smaller koi
that can't manage the catfish chow. As soon as they're mouths are large
enough guess which feed they go for????

Yes,... the catfish food!!!!
--
Carol.......