Old 17-06-2003, 08:43 PM
Spud Demon

Default mower blade stuck.. Q: how to remove..

Sundar Narasimhan writes in article GYsHa.50759$YZ2.212663@rwcrnsc53 dated Tue, 17 Jun 2003 00:07:02 GMT:
stuck solid.. and I'm seeing the bolt head beginning to strip as I go at
it w/ a spanner/wrench + hammer.. Any suggestions on how I can get it

A socket wrench is better than a spanner because it has 3 times as many
faces on which to apply torque. (so 3 times as much torque before you strip
the head.)

For some bolt sizes, there's a metric size which is slightly smaller. You
can use these even after the head has started to strip by tapping the socket
on (gently!) with a hammer, then attaching the ratchet.

Keep using the WD-40.

--Thundermaker$yahoo.com (Spud Demon)
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.