Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
bengrimm99

Default snail control

"Christopher" wrote in message
news
whats the best loach to put in an african cichlid tank to control the
snails?
a puffer is out since I have invertebrates once again
preferably a loach that is colorful and won't get too big.

I had 3 clown loaches that I got for that purpose. They didn't catch on
right away, but a month or so after I got them, I went on vacation and after
being gone for a week, all the snails were gone. Unfortunately, I think the
loaches have fallen prey to cichlid aggression (2 dead in the last couple
weeks). The last one seems to be ok, no one picking on him or anything, but
you never know with cichlids...one day everything's fine and then the loach
goes somewhere he shouldn't and becomes some cichlid's #1 target. Welcome to
Thunder Dome!