Old 04-03-2003, 04:03 AM
Ron B

Default Anyone recommend Craftsman 6.5HP lawnmower (37836)

On 3/3/03 18:14, in article
, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:3/3/03 18:14

"Steven Kolak" wrote in message
om...
It also seemed to
be somewhat of a cheap feel compared to the other Craftman models.

That might be the scariest thing I've heard all day.

looked/felt like it was of cheaper than normal Craftsman
material.

ditto.

I am still lawnmower-less. I am sure another Craftsman will come on
sale in Massachusetts before lawnmowing season, and I will look at
other brands as well.

Check out the Deere's at Home Depot. These low-end Deere's are pretty
cheaply built, too (unlike the higher-end Deeres), but if you insist on
buying the low-end tractors, they'll be better than the Crapsman/MTD/Murray
junk...

-Tim

Yes, I agree, but like Tim said, they are still low end tractors. Do NOT
kid yourself into thinking that you have purchased a piece of machinery that
should last for years even with proper maintenance.

One thing to consider, should you decide to purchase something that will
last: Can you service the transaxle? In other words, can you change the
fluid without tearing down the unit? Does it have a transmission filter?

There may be several brands that offer these, but I personally know of only
one.

If it doesn't have these, I suppose the 'servicing' takes place during the
overhaul or replacement.

If anyone is serious about these, you should check out the high end Cub
Cadet units. I personally have a 3235 model that is perfect for me. A
mower that I should have purchased years ago to avoid many seasons of
Craftsman 'quality' of design and manufacture.

Should you have a yard bigger than a postage stamp and/or tow a yard roller,
you cannot get by for long without a quality machine.

My 2 cents...

Ron