Old 06-02-2003, 02:30 AM
CWilde

Default Leaf Mulch

Isn't the smell wonderful? Me too! You can really tell when it's all fitting
together like it should be. I'm one of those people who wouldn't ever do the
digging in the dirt thing with gloves on, because I like the way it smells
and feels. There's just something magic.

Carlotta

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "CWilde"
wrote:

I top mulch with nothing but leaves all the time. It retains water, the
worms love it, it improves the soil, one summer on top of the soil and

it's
basically gone. Excess I throw in the compost bin.

Carlotta

You left out, & its free.
I also love the smell of leaves & leafmold on the ground.

-paghat

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"