Old 18-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Sunflower

Default Dumping soil on top of grass ???

Peter wrote in message ...
Just finished a retaining wall and will be putting about 12 - 14 " of
soil on top of an area 10' x 20'. currently filled with grass.

Question ??? Can I just put weed block down and dump 14" of
soil on top of the existing grass. Will this kill the grass
completely. Or should I use Round-Up or a herbicide first to kill
the grass.

I'd like to finish the job quickly, and hate to wait for the round-up
to work... if the grass dies under the load of soil that's good
enough for me.

Your advice???

Depends on the grass species. Bermuda will survive and bedevil you with new
runners sent up for years to come. It will sometimes survive spraying with
Roundup too. Even "extra strength" Roundup. It is evil.

Sunflower
MS 7b