Old 19-06-2003, 07:40 AM
Kirra

Default How to choose (limit) roses?

It seems almost like the planning and preparation is as much fun as

enjoying
the flowers. We have small minis, ground covers, shrubs, cutting roses,
striped roses, some named after family, climbers (the largest to climb
through trees), modern, OGR and English roses. You could say that we

have
chosen around 20 to start with, its just that it is 20 each

Looking forward to lots of flowers ...

Sounds very promising.

Be prepared for a lot of variability in growth.

The English roses in particular tend
to explode into growth in US zone 10's.

We are using most of the English roses as climbers or pillar roses because I
had heard that said a few times here. We are prepared that some things may
have to move, simply because we are new to this. We want to try as much out
as possible because these will be our "test" beds to see what we do and
don't like. After that we can then work on adding more of the roses we do
like and we'll also know a bit more about what their growth habits will be
like.

Kirra