Old 19-06-2003, 12:56 PM

Default Wood pigeons

"K" wrote in message
Can any one advise of a source for poison to kill pigeons that are
destroying everything new I plant in my garden.

A number of years ago wood pigeons and crows were not protected in the UK.
If you are not too close to a highway you could have them shot or shoot them
yourself.
Failing that redundant Cds are used as a deterrent by a number of people in
our village-they seem to work (they did last year and have been OK so far
this year)
The discs are hung about 18" above the ground from strings between canes
about one every 1-2 yards. To me they give an uncanny feeling of something
moving in the background as you walk by them.
I have noticed that robins and blackbirds dont seem to mind them.
In an earlier post I mentioned that reflectors were being used in Australia
to deter local crows from nesting on the top of telegraph poles.
David T.