Old 19-06-2003, 02:20 PM
Rose

Default Starting a new climbing rosebush

(Unique Too) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Rose) writes:

I had a thought. Do you think a local nursery might start a rosebush
for me? Do you or anyone know if any nursery has ever done this kind
of thing and, if so, how much it might cost?

I think a consulting rosarian would be more likely to help. But I do know
Giles used to graft roses for people. I don't remember the costs involved, but
they were reasonable. If you try that route a small nursery that grows their
own plants would be your best bet. If you have a "mom 'n pop" one in your
area, it wouldn't hurt to try.

Julie

I know of a couple of good "mom 'n pop" operations around here. I'll
try them. I also think I'll try Cass's suggestions on trying it
myself. Can't hurt to go both ways.

Many thanks to all of you for your help. At least now I have a
direction to go in.

Rose