Old 04-03-2003, 03:27 PM
Bob A

Default Help needed w/ CO2 injection

"Henry" wrote in message
After having experimented with DIY CO2 injection, I have decided to move

up
to a "real" pressurized tank system. I am a little unsure where to start

and
would appreciate any help anybody could give me with the following:

1) Best sources for tanks, regulators, controllers etc.
2) Best place to get the CO2. Is the CO2 sold for paintball guns OK ?
3) Best web sites or books to help me get started.
4) Anything special I should look for, or anything special I should avoid?
5) Any worthwhile advice from people with experience.

I am not afraid to spend some money on this .... but I want to get it

right
the first time so I only spend it once !

I'm also interested in knowing the answers to some of these questions. I
suspect I will stick with DIY for a while at least. But am interested
anyway. My main concern is where can I have my bottle filled... I live in a
very rural area, plus I would feel stupid calling up welders and other
companies asking if they will supply me with bottled CO2, etc.

Someone somewhere, a while back, recommended suppliers of gases for
hospitals. I'm not above trying to investigate there, if it is a good
possibility.

thanks,

bob