Old 04-03-2003, 03:51 PM
Scott Rogahn

Default Help needed w/ CO2 injection

Since CO2 tanks are used for beer tapers, some liquor stores will fill them.

"Bob A" wrote in message

"Henry" wrote in message
After having experimented with DIY CO2 injection, I have decided to move

up
to a "real" pressurized tank system. I am a little unsure where to start

and
would appreciate any help anybody could give me with the following:

1) Best sources for tanks, regulators, controllers etc.
2) Best place to get the CO2. Is the CO2 sold for paintball guns OK ?
3) Best web sites or books to help me get started.
4) Anything special I should look for, or anything special I should

avoid?
5) Any worthwhile advice from people with experience.

I am not afraid to spend some money on this .... but I want to get it

right
the first time so I only spend it once !

I'm also interested in knowing the answers to some of these questions. I
suspect I will stick with DIY for a while at least. But am interested
anyway. My main concern is where can I have my bottle filled... I live in

very rural area, plus I would feel stupid calling up welders and other
companies asking if they will supply me with bottled CO2, etc.

Someone somewhere, a while back, recommended suppliers of gases for
hospitals. I'm not above trying to investigate there, if it is a good
possibility.

thanks,

bob