Old 19-06-2003, 10:56 PM
jane

Default Potatoes - That Eureka Moment!

On 16 Jun 2003 21:23:32 GMT, Rick McGreal
wrote:

~Glenda wrote in
:
~
~ I have to share this with my fellow urglers. About an hour ago, I dug
~ up my first set of potatoes, ever. The joy was indescribable. Just
~ amazing. I've eaten some of the ones I pulled up from one plant which
~ yielded about 10 potatoes. The texture was wonderful and they had a
~ real earthy, old fashioned taste. Wow.
~
~Well done!
~I just dug mine up (Mine were in a pot...)
~I got about 2lb of potatoes so I did some potatoe salad...
~
~YUM!!!
~
~Is it just me or do they taste SO MUCH better when you have grown them
~yourself?! B-)

And here's another eureka!
Just dug first two plants of international kidney, just under a lb in
weight of spuds and a very chuffed jane. Took one of them and boiled it in
a pan with a shop-bought Jersey and blind-taste tested them on the SO. He
said very similar but liked mine better!
(I think shop Jerseys are a bit bland this year for some reason)

And these are only the first two plants. With luck and some rain there's
going to be lots more YUM!

(what was even more amazing was the eight-ball courgette I also picked -
the plant doesn't look big enough but still managed to grow my first of the
season and it's only June)

Here's looking at a wonderful summer

--
jane