Old 19-06-2003, 11:44 PM
JohnDKestell

Default better luck next year?

the soil pH is great (just a little alkaline), the structure isn't too bad, the
drainage isn't great but not terrible either. I think maybe I just need to
build up the structure for next year. and get an earilier start! just
thinking about next spring, and some fall garden preparation for it.

do I just "bomb" it with all I have? Will it cool off over the winter? build
up some soil? I only ask because my last garden was inherited from the
previous owner--and it had been a cattle pasture for maybe 100 years, so the
soil was excellent to begin with. Black, crumbly earth. My new garden is a
little sandy, and needs to get on some steroids. It's come to my attention
that my garden is a filled in inground swimming pool. how do I cheat time and
get some dark black soil of my own?

thanks
john