Old 20-06-2003, 12:20 AM
The Madd Hatter

Default My pond just had its first Algae Bloom! what do I do?????

Hi All!

we finally got a week of sunny weather here, and my pond just got
inundated w/ algae.. Its gotten so murky, you can harldy see more then
12" in.... I think its gonna get worse! what can I do to clear this
up??? (Cheap and safe are the key words here)

We've got pre wedding festivities starting here in just under two
weeks, and I'd like the pond to be semi visible atleast!

Would pleco's help?

Should I go out and get a tonne of duckweed and more water hyancinth?
I've been adding plants slowly, and the pond is in direct sunlight for
80% of the day...... Temperature flux's big time too...

BTW, can I throw my 1" bushy nose cats out there? I have about 16 to
18 feeder goldfish out there (1.5" to 3"), a sunfish, a couple of
Firemouth cichlids, and a couple of Brichardi (Neolamp).... I know, i
know.......