Old 20-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Jim S

Default novice orchid question

sounds like the plant is suffering from sendittomeus illtakecareofitittus

sounds like your doing every thing right

it will eventuly get a new stem and new leaf and some new roots

Jim
"Carol" wrote in message
om...
My husband gave me an orchid for Valentine's Day. It's a Phalaenopsis
orchid and it's beautiful. I have gotten several new flowers over the
months and they last a very long time.

My question is this: will this plant continue to flower from the
single stem (getting longer and longer) or will it ever grow a new
stem? The current stem has gotton quite long and sort of ungainly
looking. It is growing a new leaf at the moment.

Thanks

Jane