Old 20-06-2003, 04:08 AM
Diane Mancino

Default novice orchid question

This sounds like my phal. It has a fat root hitting the side of the pot, I
think its growing a branch off the root so it can go over the pot. I've
repotted already this year its in bloom. I'm not going to mess with it.

"Jim S" wrote in message
. com...
sounds like the plant is suffering from sendittomeus illtakecareofitittus

sounds like your doing every thing right

it will eventuly get a new stem and new leaf and some new roots

Jim
"Carol" wrote in message
om...
My husband gave me an orchid for Valentine's Day. It's a Phalaenopsis
orchid and it's beautiful. I have gotten several new flowers over the
months and they last a very long time.

My question is this: will this plant continue to flower from the
single stem (getting longer and longer) or will it ever grow a new
stem? The current stem has gotton quite long and sort of ungainly
looking. It is growing a new leaf at the moment.

Thanks

Jane