Old 20-06-2003, 06:32 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default novice orchid question

Yes, it will grow a new flower spike, most likely in the late fall. Also,
you can cut the current one off just above the last node before the where
the first flower was and it may make a new branch from there.

Jerry

"Carol" wrote in message
om...
My husband gave me an orchid for Valentine's Day. It's a Phalaenopsis
orchid and it's beautiful. I have gotten several new flowers over the
months and they last a very long time.

My question is this: will this plant continue to flower from the
single stem (getting longer and longer) or will it ever grow a new
stem? The current stem has gotton quite long and sort of ungainly
looking. It is growing a new leaf at the moment.

Thanks

Jane