Old 06-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Cereoid+10

Default Leaf Problem: Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii'

Would seem to become an instant expert, you just add water!

Don't forgot to mention besides the tattoos, you need to shave your head,
join a biker gang, raise big bamboo and pit bulls too!!

How else can you intimidate everyone? (The Tattooed Lady does have her other
ways too.)

http://www.geocities.com/airmeenah/

http://www.endangeredspecies.com/text/who.htm

How weird can you get in southern California and still expect to be taken
seriously?

Is there is nothing worse than resentful Sansevierias?

hermine stover wrote in message

Are these old, outer leaves? My guess is they were greenhouse-grown
and are resentful of a new environment. Also, letting plants like this
dry out between waterings is not a good idea, the outer feeder
rootlets die off from this drying out and then the plant cannot take
up water. The dropping of the leaves sounds like they are too dry.
this is my best guesss. i hope you have good light for them, too.

hermine

Tom Jaszewski wrote in message
Or get a full body tatoo and become an instant expert?

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:30:04 GMT, "Cereoid+10"
wrote:

You're finally through with speculation?

Check out this webpage for Sansevieria diseases and their treatment.

http://www.hortworld.com/infosources...hase/yucca.asp

It would be best to remove the effected leaves altogether.

Larry Lucchetti wrote in message
"Larry Lucchetti" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with the leaves on my two Sansevieria

trifasciata
'Laurentii'. Besides the fact that they're losing their shape and

bending
over significantly, they also seem to be blistering -- little pockets

of
air
and liquid just under the outer membrane. I've had the plants about

two
or
three weeks and have been watering them weekly, letting the soil dry
before
watering them again. They're set in 10-inch pots and stay at about

65-70
degrees F (room temperature).

Any thoughts on what's causing this? Thanks.

--L

Alright, I seem to have gotten a combination of water more and water

less

leaves?

--L

Regards,