Old 06-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Cereoid+10

Default Leaf Problem: Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii'

Removing the sick leaves only makes sense if you don't want to spread a
possible bacterial infection throughout your collection before the new
growth comes out in spring.

If you don't, your plants could be reduced to mush long before then.

What is more extreme? 90% or waiting for 100% and spreading to other plants?

Be sure to clean your tools with alcohol or bleach and to wash your hands
thoroughly after handling the infected plants.

The more practical thing to do would be to just throw out the infected
plants and replace them rather than take the risk.

You may also want to spray all your plants with an appropriate bactericide
to help prevent the infection from spreading to your other plants.

Larry Lucchetti wrote in message
"Larry Lucchetti" wrote in message
I'm having a problem with the leaves on my two Sansevieria

trifasciata
'Laurentii'. Besides the fact that they're losing their shape and

bending
over significantly, they also seem to be blistering -- little

pockets
of
air
and liquid just under the outer membrane. I've had the plants about

two
or
three weeks and have been watering them weekly, letting the soil dry
before
watering them again. They're set in 10-inch pots and stay at about

65-70
degrees F (room temperature).

Any thoughts on what's causing this? Thanks.

--L

Larry Lucchetti wrote in message
Alright, I seem to have gotten a combination of water more and water

less

leaves?

--L

"Cereoid+10" wrote in message
.com...
You're finally through with speculation?

Check out this webpage for Sansevieria diseases and their treatment.

http://www.hortworld.com/infosources...hase/yucca.asp

It would be best to remove the effected leaves altogether.

I had debated pruning the plants, but that seemed a little extreme, as

about
90% of the leaves of one plant are affected and almost all of the leaves

of
the other. Does removing the leaves still make sense?

--L