Old 04-03-2003, 08:04 PM
John Rutz

Default tech VF-bog question

zookeeper wrote:
John, what about retrofitting your plant baskets? Cut them down to water
level or slightly below.

, add handles made out
of zip ties (as many as needed to support baskets while moving them),
voila!! You wouldn't need soil or rocks to support the plants as the
lines and other plants will hold them upright, so the baskets will be
lighter and easier to move, and there will be more room for roots to
grow and remove nutrients from the water.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500g pond w/ 13 pond pigs,

a good Idea Kathy exept where I am I have to deal with high winds so

I need the planting medium heavy enough to keep the taller
plants from blowing over ( I have one reed still in a pantyhose bag with
about 15 lbs of clay and it blows over at least once a week ) lasst week
one of my 4conected 55gal drum filters blew over so you can see what I
mean, and the windy season doesnt start for a month yet :-(

--
John Rutz

I'm not Porg am not am not am so
see my pond at: