Old 04-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Molvik Family

Default slug and snail control

I am brand-new to the group and not very knowledgeable about roses (yet),
but I do know about slug control. As many have suggested, beer in a very
shallow pan will attract slugs, the climb in, and are killed by the SALT in
the beer. you could try putting salt around any plant you don't want to
have violated, but I have NO idea what the salt would do to the plant you
are trying to protect. Another very good idea is to take broken egg shells
and place around the plant in question. When the slimy little beasts try to
get to your plant, they slice their little bellies to shreds, and will avoid
the area in the future. I have seen this done successfully.

--
JJMolvik
"If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be lucky!"