Old 04-03-2003, 08:28 PM
James

Default Dealing with bright tanks

Tony,

Good question, I currently have a 180Gallon Fresh water tank mostly
with plants and a few tetras, it has 8 96watt PC 10K bulbs, but I
recently bought a Giesemann light fixture with 3X250Watt double ended
bulbs 10K, plus 2X58watt floresent bulbs, I would like to know what
spectrum I should run is 10K okay, as I am currently running with the
PC's or should I go with something else. All I know is, it is going to
be intense.....

James

On 4 Mar 2003 12:11:43 -0800, (Tony) wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this newsgroup. I've been reading the post here for a
while. I wanted to thank all the posters. I've gotten tons of useful
information by reading the posts here. I've used a lot of the
information here to setup a 46 gallon bowfront that is doing OK.
Thanks!

I wanted to start a discussion regarding tanks that have a lot of
light, at least 3-4 watts per gallon (wgp). I have two such tanks and
have had a lot of problems. What are other people's experiences with
tanks that have a lot of light. What problems have people had with
bright tanks or high light tanks? What are some of the benfits that
people have experienced with bright tanks? How have people dealt with
algae? Any other experiences that you'd like to share?

In another post I'll put the details of my tanks, but I just wanted to
start some discussion first.

Thanks,
Tony