Old 21-06-2003, 02:08 PM
David J Bockman

Default Free Stepping Stones

If you're really motivated, you can rent a blowtorch and torch the polished
side. As the rock heats up, fledspars and other minerals in the granite
crystallize and 'pop', creating grit and traction.

Dave

"Other Brother Kevin" wrote in message
jrstark wrote:

~consul wrote:

Babberney wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:03:14 GMT, "Adam Schwartz"

I've seen this done, and don't recommend it. When the glossy

granite
gets wet, it's like walking on ice. I'd rather clean off the mud.

Why not use it glossy-side down?

Intriguing idea, but if that's possible I don't know why it wasn't
done where I saw this. Presumably there is a 'b' side, though, and
then it might work well.

Possible you can score it as well?

I called a local granite countertop place. They said they do have the
sink cutouts, but don't recommend them for stepping stones, just
decoration. The shiny side can be slippery, and the unfinished side
has no color.

I'm still looking for stepping stones, found a couple of quarry places
I need to call. The other option is broken-up sidewalk concrete, but
not sure if I can get that thin enough.

Janine

I was talking with an electrician friend of mine at dinner last night
and he mentioned he was working at a place that made granite corner
tops. At that point the conversation when about like this,

"Do they cut out the sinks?"

"Yes"

"What do they do with the pieces they cut out?"

"There's a pile of them out back"

"Where, IS this place?"

"It's on %**&^ Road, do you want go tomorrow and check it out?"

"I'll give you a call"

He's having his yard done even as I type, I on the other hand won't be
until next year. I just want a couple for my Scary Sharping.

Kevin

--
¨