Old 22-06-2003, 05:44 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Nutrafin CO2 Refill contents

"Pedro Pereira" wrote:

Can someone tell me if there is any cheaper alternative to the
Nutrafin CO2 refill kits ? Any "DIY" receipt ?

Yeast, sugar and water.

I use the Nutrafin diffuser with my own DIY CO2 system - a pair of two
liter bottles in weekly rotation. The recipe I use for a 2-liter
bottle is one liter of water, 1.5 cups of sugar, and teaspoon of yeast
(1/2 of a dry yeast packet).

I'm using common bakers yeast, though I find I get much better results
with Red Star brand than I did with Fleischams (spelling?). Eventually
I want to try brewer's yeast, since it's supposed to last longer, but
I haven't looked around for it yet.

--
www.ericschreiber.com