Old 22-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Paul O.

Default Comments on some tank parameters please

Tank is a 46g. bow front with 96 watts of AH lighting and pressurized Co2.
1. pH = 7.2 to 7.6. Hard to tell as the color looks to be between these two.

2. Nitrates = 10-20 ppm. Color depends on whether you are holding test tube
against the white
or a little ways away when comparing colors.

3. Phosphates = .1

4. GH= 14dGH

5. KH= 8dKH

6. Co2 = 15.1 to 6.02 Depending on the pH reading.

Tests were done about 2 hrs. after lights on. Fish seem happy and healthy as
the multitude of Trumpet snails, pond snails, and Ramshorn do. There are
several bunches of Rotala Magenta that grow like weeds, this is where the
beard algae likes to grow. Some of the larger broad leafed plants have holes
in the leaves. Fertilization is TMG dosed 2.5mm three times a week, and
plant tabs and some Jobes for palms and ferns.
I know that the best time to check Co2 is right before lights on, but the
lighting at that time of the morning is not good enough for me to match the
colors. So, anyone see anything here they wish to comment on, please do.
Thanks.
--
Paul

"You can make it foolproof, but you can't make it Damned foolproof."