Old 06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Polar

Default Planting roses in biodegradable pots?

Just bought two new "bare-root" roses -- though many in that
huge display were already leafing out (So Calif)

For the last few years, nursery has been selling the bare
roots in biodegradable pots-- looks like some kind of cardboard? or?

One is supposed to plant the whole thing & it will
degrade/dissolve/disappear/whatever.

For some reason, I'm suspicious of these, and last year I
removed the pot and proceeded with normal planting.

Nursery guy said he has tried both ways with equal results.

Anybody have opinions/experience in my zone?

TIA

--

Zone 24/8
So. Calif Coastal