Old 23-06-2003, 07:20 PM
KC

Default Indoor hibiscus care??

I recently bought a hibiscus plant (approx. 30 inches in size in an 11
inch diameter pot) and have been reading conflicting reports about how
to take care of it. My thumb isn't very green, but I really want to
keep this sucker alive! I have it placed right near a window facing
west/southwest. I've read they like it warm, and in the evenings this
is the hottest spot in my apartment. (Not that warmth is a problem in
Dallas, TX summers.) But recently it looks droopy and has developed
lots of yellow leaves. It had one bloom that promptly wilted right
after I watered the plant. How often and approximately how much
should I water it?? I've been watering about once a week and it seems
to dry out really quickly. I try to avoid overwatering my other
plants and they all seem to be doing fine. Oh, and is it OK to water
it outside and let it sit for about an hour--where it gets really,
really hot--and then bring it inside the cooler apartment, or should I
just keep it where it is and not make it adjust to a temp change?