Old 24-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Eggplant Assistance?

On 24 Jun 2003 12:01:09 GMT, (Andrea
Bostrom) wrote:

This year in my garden I have tomatoes, squash, a variety of
peppers, and eggplant. I am certainly no garden expert, but am wondering what
I can do about my eggplant leaves being devoured? I love eggplant fresh from
the garden but have had bad luck with it. Any ideas on what I can do to keep
whatever pest is getting it away? I am in Zone 6.

If lots of little holes, flea beetles, probably. They love
eggplant.

My recommendation: Dust with rotenone, then cover the
plants with floating row cover.

Floating row cover is wonderful stuff, and available (among
other places) at
http://www.gardensalive.com/item_dis...uctNumber=2001

If large holes, possibly slugs. Slug bait (also available
at http://www.gardensalive.com ) would be the answer to
this. The only slug bait I could find locally, btw, is
poisonous to wildlife and pets, so I won't use it. The
'EscarGo!' slug bait from Gardens Alive is not poisonous to
wildlife and pets.

(I have no association with this outfit other than that of a
happy customer.)

Pat