Old 24-06-2003, 10:44 PM
LeighMo

Default Summer Tubbin'

I'm on the rec.pond group and several people there do it.

Interesting. I'll have to look in over there. I figured pond folk would be
way beyond this kind of thing. g

I have about a half a dozen 5 gal buckets that I grow plants and fish
in. A few rooted, a few floating, a few guppies...

Thanks, good to know. I was afraid my bins were too small, but if you're doing
it in 5 gallon buckets...

I put a 15 gallon plastic tub out on my balcony. It gets mostly indirect
sunlight, with direct sunlight a few hours a day. I planted two baby Nymphaea
(one zenkeri, one daubenyana) in clay pots (plain gravel, with one Flourish tab
each) and sunk the pots in the tub. I also threw in a bunch of clippings and
some mulm from my tanks. And three juvenile sunset platies.

I'm thinking about adding a few ghost shrimp and maybe some snails later on.
Will they jump/crawl out of the tub, I wonder?

Of course, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all the plants and critters
in September, should this venture be successful...

Leigh