Old 26-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Laura Van Sant

Default What's eating my tomato plant?

If you have deer in your neighborhood you need to put a fence around your
tomato plants. And make it a good fence. They chewed through my deer netting
last year and decimated my tomatoes. They loved the almost-ripe ones but
spit out the green ones after taking a bite. This year I've got a sturdy
wire fence and no deer.

"BB" wrote in message ...
I have looked at every inch of the plant for the hornworm, and didn't
find any(no obvious droppings either). But there is something that is
eating the leaves/branches. I can see the leaves and branches missing
from the plant! It's a clean-cut, meaning it looks like as if someone
tore the leaves/branches(no hints of being eaten in parts)

I don't want to lose my remaining 5plants too, I have already lost 4by
excessive fertilising and/or the heavy rain