Old 26-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Gary Woods

Default catfish food for koi :-)

zookeeper wrote:

That may be all they "were being fed," but I'm sure they were finding
plenty of other things to eat in that pond: algae, plants, larvae,
insects, small pond "critters," caviar, etc.

I have a sole koi that had been my wife's but got too big for a 55-gallon
tank. Purchased at a pet store at maybe 3" long. He now lives in a
bass-infested 3/4 acre earth pond. Markings much more clear than when he
lived indoors. He's approaching 3 feet long, and acts like he owns the
joint. I don't feed at all, but there's plenty of algae, larvae, and
things best left unmentioned in there. Thankfully hardy water lilies and
lotus are too tough for Walter.