Old 26-06-2003, 08:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default My pond just had its first Algae Bloom! what do I do?????

"Chester Deja" wrote in message
om...
If you want a no-hassle long term natural combatant for algae then
just use barley straw. I added 1/3 bale to my 35'x55'x4' pond and
within 3 weeks crystal clear water with NO string algae and NO other
hassles. Now I can see my thousands of minnows swimming around.
That's what I get for throwing in 9 dozen of them 2 months ago. Our
new wild rescued from the side of the raod turtle has pleanty of food
he can 'see'. Not to mention the thousands of tadpoles.

snip

Is this the same straw you get in bales at a garden center? I just tossed
some down around my pond to help the grass take root, and to try and keep
the mud in place. I wonder if I should toss some in the pond? Hmm...Bonnie
help...I am going to meddle again...

BV.