Old 06-03-2003, 04:39 AM
LeighMo

Default How do I know I have enough Water Curculation?

how do you do this without "bending" the stem plants? I found that my
Aquaclear 201 water cascading bends most of my plants flat (Ozelots) or
sideways (all stem plants).. and when I moved the plant aside abit so it
won't be in directly line of the water flow, it's accumulating goo..

can't seem to find a happy medium.. (so I just shake the plants.. but they
just immediately act as a filter and re-garnish themselves in a matter of
minutes)

I use a powerhead, aimed diagonally across the tank. It's kind of hard to
control circulation with an Aquaclear.

Have you tried vacuuming the plants when you do your weekly water changes? I
don't usually have problems with mulm on the leaves as long as the plants are
growing well.

And I have an Aquaclear 300 on one of my tanks, and it doesn't squash my plants
flat. Maybe your water level isn't high enough?

Leigh