Old 27-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Jim W

Default Looks like we're being listened to

Chris Norton wrote:

(Jim W) wrote:

In other words a researcher/journalist has done their work and is giving
the source.

Wish someone'd pay me stacks of dosh to write about how I use the web;-)
//
Jim

Whats the chances of a gardening journo suddenly getting asked to do a
piece on gardening software and them being a lurker on here?

Come on reveal yourself. 8-)

They wouldn't have to be a lurker though would they? Just know how to
use the web..

Anyone with a resoanable level of experience in using the web for
research will have come across google groups archive.. All they have to
do is search the archives for 'Gardening Software (etcetc) and mebbe
read URG and lurk for a few weeks. IF they wanted they could even start
a thread to their benefit with a sockpuppet..

The searching of archives they could have in minutes.. The thread would
take a week or so longer.. It would depend on their deadline.

They're also likly to have access to pro research facilities (the fee
paying ones), libraries that hold stuff like gardening whiich? Trade
journals etc etc.. If they lurk here.. then... HELLO JOURNALIST TYPE
PEOPLE!!-)))

//
Jim