Old 27-06-2003, 09:02 PM
Skunky Skunky is offline
Registered User

Location: Worcestershire
Default K2O, dangerous or not?

Anybody care to elaborate on the effects of K2O in water. I was under the impression that sulphate of potash was as good as K2SO4. Apparently not?

I have been told by a fellow hobbyist this is not the case.

In K2O there are two parts potassium and and one part oxygen. It is this 'free' oxygen in the water that reacts and can make phosphorous and can become unstable creating problems.

Personally I cannot see this, but then I am no chemist and apparently this info came via a chemist!

I am currently using K2O so natuarally I need some reassurance.

I cannot find K2SO4 in the UK, so any help would be appreciated for a source!

Confused again.............
'Peace On Earth.....And In The Water'