Old 06-03-2003, 05:53 AM
dGH

Default How zealous are Ottos?

Thanks for all the input. I "swished around" the hornwort so that the algae
went to the bottom of the tank. The ottos then ate it.

A question regarding zuccini: Should it be blanched first? I put a slice
in and they nibbled it a bit, but then stopped. Perhaps there was still
enough algae in the tank to feed them. I'm not sure. Is it better to
slightly cook the zuccini so that it is softer? Any zuccini feeders out
there?

Once again, thanks for the help.

"Martin" wrote in message
I have seen my Ottos zealously attack my eleocharis acicularis - a fine
grass haired plant. Sometimes one strand at a time.
Though I am getting minute hair algae across fine strands now - I think

they
are all full up, or they can get enough elsewhere.
Martin