Old 29-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Adam Schwartz

Default Will my mums flower again?

I meant "you're".

Your probably right. However, only the flowers that I sprayed faded right
away. Perhaps the insecticide sped up the inevitable fading of the

flowers.
Perhaps not.
"Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote in message
Are you really that naive? In logic there is something called false

cause.

The flowers would have faded anyway because of the difference in the
conditions under which they were forced to bloom and your home

conditions.
They were probably already in a state of decline when you bought the

plants.
Like I said, Mums don't normally bloom in the spring anyway.

Adam Schwartz wrote in message
I got my mums at the garden center, but they had already bloomed when

bought them. The reason I lost the flowers is because I failed to

heed
the
warning on the insecticide that I used to kill the aphid infestation,

which
read, "Do not spray directly on blooms". All of the flowers quickly

turned
brown.

"Cereoid-UR12yo" wrote in message
Did you receive your "Mums" as potted gift plants?

Since Chrysanthemums are normally autumn blooming perennials that

are
forced
to bloom in the spring as Easter plants, guess when you should

expect
see
them bloom again? Try planting them out in the garden for best

results.

Adam Schwartz wrote in message
Early in the season (mid May) I lost all of the flowers on my

mums.
When i lost the flowers, there were plenty of buds left. Now when

look
at
it I see only one small bud. It seems the rest of the buds have
vanished.
Since May, the plant has beem vigorously producing new growth, but

it
hasn't
flowered at all. I really want it to flower again since I am

growing
it
as
an annual. Can I expect it to flower again?

Thanks,
Adam (Iowa City)