Old 29-06-2003, 05:08 AM

Default if you don't have plants....

"Cammie" wrote in message ...
is it possible to have a good aquarium?

Whenever I had artificial plants I always got algae problems. With live
plants I don't, however, I haven't had the best of luck with plants.
Cabomba do the best but after 2-3 months they start to get really thinned
out and bad looking. I have high light of 4 watts per gallon, good
biowheel 125 filtration, so I thought plants would be okay for me.

I've thought of going back to artifical decor, but like I said, I seem to
get algae then.

Any thoughts?

Less light, less algae.

With lots of light, you will have something grow, be it plants or
algae or both.

Some plecos are good at removal from artificial decore but would munch
the plants.

You likely are running out of nutrients for the plants. Whne the
plants don't grow, the algae does.............

So if you cater to the plant's needs, light, CO2 and nutrients, then
they will do quite well for you over the long term.
Nutrtients are easy to handle.

Regards,
Tom Barr