Old 29-06-2003, 07:25 AM
Charles P

Default problem with ducks, geese & coons

"David" wrote in message

I have a problem with geese and ducks crapping all over my lot. I live on

small lake and crapp is everywhere. I would appreciate any suggestions

you
may have that would help me get rid of them sitting/roosting on my lot.

If you're in a rural area, a 12 guage shotgun will do nicely. Otherwise,
you'll have to try to get your state's fish and wildlife service to remove
them. They do this sometimes in urban areas, herd the big birds into
pens and relocate them.

Is there something that I could spray on the
ground to get rid of them?

Aside from lead shot, I don't know of anything.

I also have trouble with coons getting into my boat house on the walkway

and
scattering mussel shells after breaking them open, and also shitting on the
walkway inside the boathouse. I'm fed up with picking up their crap. Any
suggestions how I can solve that problem too?

Well, we're using the Havahart traps and relocating them. But...
us gardeners don't mind a bit of crap at all, it's seeing our plants
destroyed
that gets us "fed up." If I had no garden, I'd enjoy the critters and
simply
get a pressure washer, and from time to time, clean the walkways.