Old 29-06-2003, 07:35 AM
Alan Gould

Default Which winter veg to grow?

In article , Justin
Thyme writes
I have just dug a new potato patch this year with a range of earlies to
maincrop and am wondering how best to use the land after digging the
earlies.

We cleared one row of early potaoes this week to make space for a batch
of oriental salad greens which we had seeded a few weeks ago. Another
row will be coming out today and we shall sow a quick catch crop of
radish and other roots, to be lifted very young. If you don't have
anything in particular to put in, the ground can be left open to fallow
either until late summer/autumn planting or till next spring. Or you
could dribble a sowing of green manure seed in and turn that in before
any seed heads begin to mature.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.