Old 29-06-2003, 08:20 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default AlgaeFix and Muriate of Potash

On 27 Jun 2003 19:06:31 -0700, (Justin)
wrote:

Can the two be used together effectively? I have done an AlgaeFix
treatment. Should I add potash now or wait? I really am tired of
battling the pea green soup.

As long as you continue to use an algaecide and not let the pond cycle,
without a UV, you will continue to fight pea soup. You see when you kill
the algae in the pond, it releases all the nutrients right back into the
water column for the next algae bloom to feed off of.

Non-UV ways are low fish loads, high plant loads, good filtration and
reading K30's suggestions on green water cures. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a