Old 30-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Thinking about live plants

\(\(\(\\\" wrote:
I am thinking about live plants for the first time. My 120g is 24" deep.
What kind of plants will do well in this tall - low light tank?

How much light do you have? I have 110 Watts on my 110 gallon (also 24"
deep, I think) and I grow all kinds of things. Just yesterday I removed two
swords, the other two had gotten too large, so I removed the smaller ones.
I also trimmed a lot of cabomba, hygro, and ludwigia, those things grow
like weeds!

Is there a way to sterilize these plants so I don't infest the tank with
snails or other diseases?

I believe so, but I don't do that 'cause I have loaches and they enjoy the
occasional escargot snack.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv