Old 06-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Tomato cages ( was Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.)

Karen wrote:
Thank you, Victor, for introducing a topic I was wondering about. I
bought those round tomato cages last year and my tomato plants were a
little too robust for them. What do the NG cages look like?

They are made of a much thicker wire than the regular tomato cages. They are
also perfectly round, as opposed to top-heavy like the regular cages. This
should make them much more stable. I lost count of how many times my tomatos
were blown to the ground by the wind (and the weight of the fruit!) even
though I had staked the cages with steel rods for extra-stability.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv