Old 30-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Andrew Heggie

Default Parts for a Huqvarna 240R Brushcutter

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 14:30:00 -0700, John W. Wells
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:02:02 +0100, "Colin Forsyth"
wrote:

I am in need of the following parts for my poor old Husqvarna brushcutter.
Can anyone help:

Piston & Ring
Engine Barrel

If you mean part No.506 01 06-07
Mahle 42ZD9 stamped on the barrel

I have an A1 grade unused barrel, piston and ring, less gudgeon pin
circlips, in stock, make me an offer.

We seized a number of these when we changed to strimmers from brush
cut blades. I reckoned air resistance of the cord cut the revs and
cooling plus moved the rev range into an area that the carb operated
very weak.

Normally you adjust the carb to 4 stroke at peak revs which are a bit
higher than normal operating revs, with the engine running slower with
the strimmer head an overheating problem arose. Solved by purchase of
Stihl strimmers.

Flywheel

Colin Forsyth

You mean a Husqvarna dealer can't get them for you?

--John W. Wells
25 year owner of a 165r--that's a 240r on steroids! Hunnh, hunnh!

I've still got my 1974 165r, running, that I first used to up my
piecerate from fagging hook, disgruntled my co workers so much I was
transferred!

One time posting as I was referred to this post by my wife and do not
normally lurk here.

AJH