Old 06-03-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Can I bud/graft cherry onto plum rootstock?

I emphatically second her recommendation. Ingrid

Pam wrote:

It is not unheard of to graft two different fruits together, but usually
it requires the fruit to be similar - citrus can be grafted to other
citrus, stone fruits together, and apples and pears together. I have heard
of some guy in California with a tree on which he has grafted 20 odd
different fruit varieties. But, it is not the most efficient way to
produce fruit - the grafts have a high rate of failure. You would be
better off obtaining some quality dwarf cherry rootstock (like Gisela) and
grafting starts of your old cherry onto that. Fruits grown from seed
frequently do not come true to their parents.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.