Old 06-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Kevin Miller

Default General question on perrenial seed starting...

How large until they need the 4 inch pot? (in general)

On 5 Mar 2003 13:43:17 -0800, (Ian) wrote:

Kevin Miller wrote in message news:3D308DC37126E7CE.15593F7D6CFCDAF5.B4DDD337F2 ...
Do I need to start perrenials in larger pots, say coffee cup size?
I'd like to use the seed flats with "two finger" sized slots to have
more plants but I read somewhere that you need to use larger pots...

Start your plants in the flats, but transplant your plants into bigger
pots as they grow. The bigger they grow the more root space they need

Ian